Thursday 13 June 2013

Last Get running run :)

This morning, after a night shift at work, I completed the Get running couch to 5k running app. Really, I should have started this blog nine Weeks ago when I actually took up running but I didn't think of it until day ago. I think however that most people reading this will be aware of a couch to 5k program, how it takes you from alternating walking with a minute or so of running, and builds you up to running 30 minutes continuously, or 5k, which is pretty much what can be done in 30 minutes. So, this morning I kicked off my work clothes and got into my running gear and headed over to my local park, which is pretty much the five minute warm up away:)
I've always found the first 20 minutes to be the hardest, that's when my legs are always aching and I have thoughts of stopping, but after that period I tend to get into it, find a comfortable pace and feel I could carry on for hours. No different this morning, so I'm thinking that's how its always gonna be. No problem, I can handle a mere 20 minutes of discomfort.
The park though, early in the morning, is quite a refreshing place to run. Hardly anyone around, and away from the hustle and bustle of the city coming to life around me. I ran my 30 minutes and felt jubilant I'd completed the program, but also a little sad because Get running really is an awesome app, it somehow felt as if I had someone running with me, guiding me along the way. Maybe running without the app will seem a little strange to start, but having got this far quitting would be pretty silly:)
So now, in the meantime, I've downloaded a 10k program which I will follow for a few Weeks until my half marathon training starts. That should keep me busy:)
I couldn't however, have gotten this far without the Get running app, so I have to say a huge thank you to the creators. Without it I would have probably have pushed myself too hard, become injured, then quit...but I didn't, so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment