Sunday 30 June 2013

First run after a week off

Well just completed my first run for just over a week, I say completed in the most loosest of terms.
Not quite sure what was wrong with me over the past week, but it was possibly fatigue, not experienced anything like it, putting it down to working night shifts and not sleeping properly, sufficed to say, running want very high on the agenda as even walking was an effort.
Anyway, today I felt somewhat better, still tired but I'm still on nights but sleeping a little better and thought I better at least attempt a run otherwise I'll be back at square one.
Well square one is pretty much where I felt I was, it was an awful run, had to stop and walk every 3 minutes it seemed, just could not get into any kind of rhythm!
I understand I wouldn't be where I left off just over a week ago but wow!
A friend of mine did suggest I should be thankful I'm back out there running again after being layed up for the week, he has a point. I just don't like back tracking, but I suppose back tracking is not a bad thing if it allows me to meet my goals.
I know its just a blip and I'll be back to running good very soon, just sick of being tired!!! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment