Sunday 16 June 2013

First run in new shoes

Well that was awesome, felt a bit strange to start off with as they are so much lighter than my saucony shoes I've been using, and it was hard keeping my pace down, I was speeding up without even realising it.
I ran relatively early in the park, it was really quiet, the sun was shining and I felt good. It was a bit strange not hearing the prompts from the Get running app so I had to time myself using my heart rate monitor.
However when my 30 mins were up I'd set a new personal best on my 5k! Happy days!
My runs this week are all 30 mins but next week the time starts to get a little longer:)
Apart from the running, my dad and step mother came to visit and we took a drive out to Stratford upon Avon, nice run, nice weekend, and a few beers too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment